Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Busy Little Bee

Ethan is busy, of course, into everything, always moving, chatting.. but i was actually referring to me... I have been nesting. I think. Im usually pretty driven to clean and organize, always trying to think of new and creative ways to bake and organize and cook and clean, and fit as much as i can into my day, but , I dont know, Its hard to say, since i just moved AND im pregnant... I just have a driving need to organize, unpack, settle, clean. clean . CLEAN..the highlight of my weekend (other than an upcoming birthday party) is that were having our carpets professionally cleaned. I mean, talk about EXCITEMENT!!!


i have this incredibly urgent need to fill the freezer with already prepared meals and other food. I have been seriously packing away like a squirrel before winter, and its getting a little crazy.. Part of it is because we have gone back to cutting dairy and gluten from our diet, so having meals that are quick and easy isnt always.. well easy. And at the end of the day the last thing i want to do is try and figure out what to fix for dinner. I just hate it i tell you. Do you ever feel like your cooking the same thing every 2 days? grr!


So yesterday, i baked cookies. REALLY good ones. They tasted EXACTLY like the original recipe, but totally gluten and dairy free. fantastic.. and i froze.. well, only a small ziploc, but it was something! They didnt all last long enough to freeze im afraid... Today i made dough, and its a dough i can use for cinnamon rolls, crecent rolls, ect, and it freezes SUPER GOOD... so i mixed up all the dough and let it rise, but had to go to work before i could finish it.. so its waiting for me in my fridge.. Oh and I made a huge pot of Beans, Bacon and Potato soup, froze a large jar and have 3 servings in the fridge for tomorrow. I ran a load of laundry, I gave Ethan a bath..I unloaded and loaded the dishwasher.. Id say a job well done! oh and I worked 8 hours today.... i feel tired just thinking about it. Have a great rest of your week everyone!!


Yum Cookies!!! :)



Reading my books..



2 comments:

  1. Take a rest, you have worked very hard!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What is the dough recipe? I would love to use it!!!

    ReplyDelete