Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ethan's List- 2 years old









I copied this idea from Mollie. (great one thanks Mollie! =) )



I want to make a list of the things that make Ethan's world go around. I know ill forget if i dont. Little 2 year old boys have a zest for life that is contagious. He wakes up excited almost every morning. And that is something i treasure and look forward to. He has his cranky mornings, but tends to be my Mr. Morning Sunshine...



His Passions:



*Thomas the train. I must say we indulge him in this, because it makes his face light up every time he sees it. He has plastic trains, numerous books, and begs us to let him watch it on TV. Tv is a rarity in our home, but some days for sanity's sake its a must.



*Hotwheels Cars- This boy wakes up asking for them. "may i please play cars mommy?" its the first thing out of his mouth. I could buy him a new one every day and he would be a happy camper. He is so smart, and remember's where some of them are from. He got one from a family member for his birthday and always calls it "grandma" ahha. He has another that got "stolen" from his cousin Jason, so he calls that one "jason".. he takes a special liking to the firetruck ones.



*Reading his books, or should i say "READ" his books. My mom enrolled him in the summer reading program through the library even though he's too young to read, and he gets a sticker for every 15 minutes that he is read to. His passion for books has really blossomed ever since, as my living room floor would tell you. its usually covered in his collection.



*EATING. Boy, can this kid eat. He out-eats me on occasion and takes a special liking to cereal. "Serul"... And he likes it all hours of the day. He knows specifically to ask for "bapfest" (breakfast) and "Durner" (Dinner) when he's hungry. By the way, he will eat pretty much anything dipped in ketchup. Not great for my stomach, but great for getting him to eat veggies. He also has a great liking for salsa, and you can find him at ixtapa eating it from the bowl with a spoon. :)


Ethan dislikes:



Bugs. he's not a fan. Doesnt mind dirt like most boys. but not a bug fan.


Being startled. I call him tender hearted. :) he usually screams or yells when he's startled. which doesnt take much it seems.


Running out of food. poor child you'd think he was starving when his meal is gone.


Brushing his teeth. its all-out war. every night... id rather change a poopy diaper than brush that kids teeth, the fight he puts up!



That is a very small summary of Ethan as a 2 year old. I love that little fella! :)

3 comments:

  1. This is such a great list! What a really neat tradition. I think I better start one too on my blog!! Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha! It cracks me up that he has a "Jason" car. Enjoy! He apparently doesn't notice... (altho, he might if he saw it - has a good memory too)

    He is such a great kid; love having him around and being able to spend time with him. I am so glad you live close!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isaac HATES having his teeth brushed too! I'm hoping it gets better, but from the sound of your two year old it might not...

    He's such a cutie. CUTIE!

    ReplyDelete